Know What You're Buying,
Before You Own It!
What to Expect
What Should I Expect From a Home Inspection?
This is a 6 point, brief explanation to help clarify what exactly is involved in a home inspection.
1. The average home inspection will take between 2.5 to 3 hours to complete. It is highly recommended to follow the home inspector during the inspection, as this is an invaluable educational experience to learn about the various aspects and systems of the house.
2. The Standards of Practice (according to the Canadian Association of Home and Property Inspectors) require home inspectors to inspect and/or describe: the structural system, the exterior, the roof system, the plumbing system, the electrical system, the heating and air conditioning systems, the interior, the insulation and ventilation systems, as well as, fireplaces.
3. Home Inspectors are (if properly qualified) trained in defect recognition. A home inspection is a non-invasive, visual observation of the condition of the property on the day of the inspection, using such tools as moisture meters, video scopes, gas meters, electrical instruments, infrared cameras, and temperature sensors.
4. Home Inspectors are not trades people. If your home inspector offers to fix any problems you encounter during the home inspection, this is a major conflict of interest. In the same respect, home inspectors are not permitted to give price quotes for any repair work required, or names of any trades people to do the required work.
5. Home Inspectors are generalists. Just like going to a family doctor (General Practitioner), properly trained home inspectors are trained in all areas of building construction. They can determine if it is necessary to consult a specific specialist in one of the many building trades.
6. Think of a home inspector as a detective, searching through the house for subtle clues that are used to build an overall impression of the house. This impression enables the buyer to have a much greater understanding of what they are buying, before they own it; helping to prevent unforeseen expenses.
Buying a home can be a very exciting experience, feel confident about your purchase.
Hire a qualified Home Inspector.
Call Now: 403-771-4449
Competitive price, included infrared. Keep up the good work! Joel was excellent! Very thorough and genuine!
Thermal Imaging Included!
Call me, 7 days a week, to arrange an appointment 403-771-4449
Calgary Home Inspection
Certified, Professional Licenced Home Inspection
Canadian Residential Inspection Services Calgary SW